Adobe Lightroom is an amazing tool for any content creator, photographer or just your average Instagram user who wants to up their skills on the socials, whether it be because of its user-friendly platform or because it helps many of its users edit their photos faster. If you recognize yourself in any of the above-mentioned, keep reading to find out how to import presets into lightroom classic.
A one-time thing
We’re not going to lie to you, downloading presets to adobe lightroom can be quite tricky the first time you do it, but if you follow our step-by-step explanation guide, you should become a preset professional in no time.
The beauty of importing presets into lightroom classic cc is that it is a one-time thing. Once you’ve installed your presets to the lightroom classic cc app, you can start editing your favorite pictures in a few minutes.
How to import mobile presets into lightroom classic
- Select the presets (.dng files) that we have sent you by e-mail and download them. Save each file to your camera roll or your dropbox. Some presets are also available in zip file and xmp format. Our presets are also compatible with Lightroom 4,5,6,CC as well as the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw.
- Once you have installed the lightroom presets, open Adobe Lightroom CC on your mobile device and go to the develop module.
- Click on the (…) Settings Button and choose the Create New Album option. In this case, let’s call your new album “The Preset Story” so that you can save all of your favorite presets at the same place.
- Then, open the new album, tap on the 3 dots in the upper right corner and then tap on Add Photos. If you downloaded them directly to your Camera Roll through Dropbox or download, select From Camera Roll.
- Then, select the .dng files that are the presets and import them into your newly created album. To do that, you have to select the Import button.
Once the import is complete, you will see all your preset folders in the preset panel.
Turning your DNG files into presets
Once this step is complete, your .dng are saved on your mobile device, but are not quite presets just yet. To be able to overlay the .dng files on your photos, you must create and save them as individual presets.
- First, go into the album containing your newly imported .dng preset files and select only 1 .dng file
- Tap on the 3 dots icon at the top right of the screen and then tap on Create Preset:
With this, you will be able to save your .dng file settings so that they become reusable on all of your pictures.
- On the next screen, check all boxes except for Tools, Optics and Geometry.
- When you’re done with the settings save your preset by tapping on the checkmark icon at the top right corner.
- Repeat this step for each .DNG file as you will need to save each preset separately.
Do not forget that this is a one-time thing. Once you will have added your presets to lightroom classic cc are saved to Lightroom, you will be able to access them in editing by clicking on “presets” and selecting the one that suits your picture the best.