Presets can significantly speed up and facilitate the processing of images, and the effect of good presets are amazing. If you’ve spent many hours editing your photos, and you’re wondering how to install presets in lightroom cc, reading this article will save you a lot of time and your results will significantly improve.
How to Install Presets in Lightroom CC?
Presets are programmed settings that are stored in image-processing software. They contain information about each:
- Shifted slider
- Option used
- Modification of the tonal curves
Once you have finished processing a particular photo, you can save this data and apply it to other ones. This process makes post-processing much easier and more efficient, both in terms of color and tonality.
How to Add Presets to Lightroom Classic CC for PC/MAC?
If you have already bought the presets and are wondering how to install them, please consult the instructions below.
- Click the File menu and select Import Profiles & Presets
- Find the preset /file .xmp/ that you want to add, select it and click Import
- The preset should be loaded into the program
If you have a creative cloud subscription, the imported presents will be automatically added to Adobe Lightroom Classic CC on your device.
How to Import a Preset to the Free Version of Lightroom CC?
Photography processing is no longer a mystery. Everyone can do it on their phone. The editing options here are, of course, not as extensive as in the paid computer version, but it is still the most powerful free app for phones.
- Add presets to Lightroom CC by importing a DNG file from a folder
- Open the imported file and click the three dots in the top right-hand corner
- Select Create Preset, enter the name of the preset and select or create a group for the presets
- Select all options except Tools, Optics and Geometry
- Click the confirmation button in the upper right corner
- You can delete the DNG file from Lightroom CC
What’s new in 2020?
The .xmp format was previously only used by Camera Raw, and Adobe Lightroom used .Irtemplate presets. The update of Lightroom 7.3 introduced a significant change. Old files have been replaced by a new format. This means that Camera Raw and Lightroom now work with the same preset format.
If you had an older version of Lightroom, your old presets were automatically converted to the new .xmp format after updating to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 7.3.
How To Add Presets to Lightroom CC after the update?
Navigate your hard drive:
- Windows: Local disk (C:) / Users / myName / AppData / Roaming / Adobe / Camera Raw / Settings
- MacBook: Library / Application support / Adobe / Camera Raw / Settings
Get in Touch With The Preset Story
Each preset is a different and unique feature that will give your photos a unique setting. Not only do they change colors, but also the overall tone.
Still wondering how to install presets in Lightroom CC? Contact The Preset Story now!